Friday, June 13, 2008

The lonely tandem bicycle.

So yesterday I found a tandem bicycle looking very lonely in a free pile on the side of the road.  I decided to bring it home to meet my family.  As I was sneaking the rusty but wonderful find into the garage, my father came out "what is that?!"   clearly it was a fixer-upper but would be wonderful if it worked. My mom came to check it out and offered to plant flowers all over it and use it as a decoration in the garden. 

.........THE NEXT DAY..... I get home and my dad comes cruising up the driveway "I pumped up the tires!" I knew he would love a fixer-upper! Everyone got a turn on it, riding back and forth to the farmers market, and gaining a lot of good laughs.  Needless to say I think that it is now a new member of the family.

3 comments:

~Maki said...

oh yeah, and you have to wear plaid to ride it.

mike said...

Our family has the neatest geeks I ever met.

Anonymous said...

I fear I must wash my great first pair of plaid shorts... I fear they will not be so great after I wash them... good thing there are a spare pair in your room...
Love, Mom :)