Saturday, June 14, 2008

My first 'recent' tip over.


Finally the spider bite blister thing on the arch of my foot has gone away enough so I can wear shoes again...Yay!  Its really quite humid out, so obviously the correct choice is to go for a bike ride. We rode from Claremont to Newport, then back home through Unity which makes a 28 mile loop.  Its a really nice ride, but there is a lot of road construction and many, many, many up hills!   The reward however is a long downhill.  

The other day while I was at some consignment shop in Newport I found a 2003 Prouty Jersey that I am pretty excited about.  My Dad thinks its kind of lying to wear it but I think its pretty, plus I wouldn't have been very old in 2003 so there isn't a chance I would've ridden in it.  I decided to sport the jersey today.  It didn't give me any superpowers like speed or agility (like my spider bite did, clearly now I'm like spiderwoman) .  I know that I didn't gain agility because I tipped over while I was standing with my bike under me. 
The cool part of that is...
The cuts on my leg which are borderline really bada** if you ask me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, miss you already! I hope you don't fall over! Lol.

Anonymous said...

That tandem is wicked cool. It is more of an attitude than a bike...

~Maki said...

tru-dat. to both