Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our FIRST ride together as a group.

Thanks again to all my sponsors and donors, you guys are amazing and Bike and Build is such an amazing cause and this summer is going to be soooo amazing.

I'll start with yesterday.  Thank you Michelle Erhard for driving me to Portsmouth, NH.  We are staying at Holy Trinity church in Newington.  The church is awesome and fed us pizza and BBQ (22 pizza's actually! Which is almost 1 pizza
 per rider.  I think that is a little much...so we've been eating the leftovers since then.  
A lot of the riders are Dartmouth students and many New England locals, I think its a pretty great group.  Chucky-Cheese's is right next door to the church and they donated tokens to our group so that we could go play some games.  

This morning... we woke up at 7:30am (this is a day where we got to sleep in, holy moly...looks like I'll be a morning person by the end of the trip)  

We were taught basic bike maintenance and then we went for a 10 mile practice ride around the mall as a giant group of 30.  I think we were a little intimidating for traffic.  This is the only time that we will be riding as such a large group.  But we looked really snazzy all riding as a mass in the same jerseys. 

Later that day we went over some safety and rules.  Then we started to paint our trailer in our own special way for the trip.  It hasn't been finished, but I think it will be cool!  For dinner we went to another church that cooked us spaghetti and then we talked to a lady who works for Habitat around this area and will be assisting us at out first build site tomorrow.  She seems really nice and I am excited to work tomorrow.  


No comments: