Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grayslake, WI - Madison, WI





In Grayslake we met up with a family who has a son doing Bike and Build on a Southern Route (crazy hot weather on that ride!) who wanted to have us over for dinner.  We ate grilled asparagus and lived like queens and kings for the afternoon! We gave a presentation about bike and build from the roof of their garage "here ye, here ye, one and all"...we proclaimed as if we were the king from the popular newspaper comic 'The Wizard of ID'   It was a really nice evening that let us really relax and enjoy hanging out with a nice family. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have been checking your blog every day. Enjoy following your progress. Glad that you and your fellow riders have met so many wonderful hosts along the way.
Stay safe.....Grammy

Anonymous said...

Huge house! Welcome to the midwest! Give my brother some love for me when you get there! (P.S.... Wisconsin is the most ridiculous state to go through... there's nothing there and it's soooooo long!! Enjoy!)

Sue said...

Hey Laura.. Glad you enjoyed the pck & JB's. Wow, surreal experience to have cotton candy & giant calves. I'd think it was a dream. (One way to tell for sure is to try to fly - works for me.) Hope you enjoyed Madison. I love that place. You think Wisconsin is boring? Ride across Iowa. Make sure to eat some cheese while you're in Wisconsin. They're famous for that, if nothing else.

~Maki said...

I love WI! its pretty! and Madison, it rocks my socks basically so much fun! I had had some cheese curd and love the advice on trying to fly (its really a good suggestion) Hi grammy! thanks for checking my progress!