Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Minot, ND- New Town, ND

My vote is in and North Dakota won the bad drivers in America award for having no shoulders and semi's who don't make any attempt to move for cyclists or any attempt to slow down form their speed limit of 75mph.  "We are in oil country and the money is fast and important" said a man in a gas station where I stopped to take a break from fighting the vehicles and he could clearly tell that I looked a bit frazzled.  

Besides the dense, fast and scary traffic...our van also broke down in Minot.  Thus leaving us with nothing to do or change into once we arrived in New Town.  So I napped on the concrete sidewalk in my wet cycling clothing for 4 hours before van finally arrived and we could all change and eat dinner which we cooked ourselves in the high school kitchen.  And I must say that dinner crew (Ian, Kathy (honorary member) Craig, Sharon and I) did a excellent job making noodles and sweet potato. 

No comments: