Saturday, August 23, 2008

Republic, WA- Omak, WA


OOOOOHHH OOOmak. So we get over some more mountain passes today (since we are in the Cascades) and I didn't think that Omak sounded like a very big town, but apparently I was very wrong, It had a starbucks (in the middle of the Cascades...who knew?) Omak was where we collected a person, Brendan Newman (one of the big-wigs in Bike and Build) who will be joining us for the rest of the trip.

When I was loooking for a good sleeping place in the church, I came across this room that was just filled with inflated balloons. The lights didn't turn on in the room which kind-of made it even more fun because it was pitch black and Kathy, Quang, Chris and I were stumbling aound the dark throwing balloons everywhere. needless to say I didn't sleep in that room

No comments: